I’m back you guys! Where have I been? Well, I’ve been having website issues and well, long story short, they are finally resolved. I think. Do you like the new look? Anyway, I refuse to dwell on the past so I’ll end my explanation right there.
A few weeks ago I had a stroke of genius that involved a sweet potato. I know, you didn’t’ think it was possible or even significant, but I think I have changed my dinner routine. . . permanently!
Now you’ll take the butter mixture and blend it with the potato that you scraped out and then you’ll replace the potato back into the skins. At this point you’ll be uber proud of yourself. If the potatoes are small and skinny like these were, I used 6 potatoes and only stuffed the skins of 4 of them. Make sense?
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ chopped chives
- Bake the potatoes in the microwave oven till soft.
- Remove them and let cool slightly on the counter.
- In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients except for the cheese.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into the bowl with the butter mixture.
- Replace the skins on a large cookie sheet.
- Mix butter and potatoes together.
- Taste for seasoning and add more of whatever is needed
- Refill skins with potato mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place pan under broiler for about 3 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted and a little golden brown.
It’s right about this time that your family is thinking you are the kitchen goddess and people want to hire you to cater their next event. These potatoes are that good.