I’m a sucker for pasta salad. To me pasta salad is the epitome of satisfying. It’s spicy, tangy, chewy, crunchy, and delicious. I can eat it for days. I should name this recipe Clean Out Your Fridge Pasta Salad (oh wait, I did!), because this salad is exactly what I make when I need to use up those veggies in the produce drawer.
Before we can start I have to tell you about Salad Supreme. About 6 years ago we were at a picnic with our home school group and I found myself eating the best pasta salad I have ever had. In my whole life. Seriously! I asked the father who brought the salad, how his wife made it, and he told me he had made it. And he used Salad Supreme. He said you find the little bottle of spice on the pasta aisle on a display in front of the pasta boxes (however most often I’ve found it in the spice aisle). Nevertheless, I left that picnic and went straight to the store to buy a bottle of Salad Supreme!
You can make two batches of pasta salad with one bottle of Salad Supreme. How you use it is you add it to 8 oz. of Italian or Ranch salad dressing. I’ve only added it to Italian. Well, I didn’t have a bottle of Italian so I made it the old fashioned, quick and easy way, with a packet of Good Seasons. I love this stuff!
It’s sort of hypnotic, isn’t it? Alright so now you have the dressing for the salad. Remember, if you already had 8 oz. of Italian or Ranch, you could have omitted the part where you sort of make your own dressing. But why would you want to? It was fun, right? I feel very accomplished and resourceful and you will too. I promise.
- 1 pound box of pasta of your choice
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 jar Salad Supreme
- 8 oz. bottled Italian Dressing or Good Seasons
- 3 T. chopped parsley
- 8 oz. cheese of choice, diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Follow the recipe on the inside flap for Salad Supreme.
- Set dressing aside.
- Dice your veggies.
- Place all the veggies in a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini into the boiling water for the last 30 seconds of cooking time for the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and zucchini and run cold water over it.
- Add the pasta to the large bowl of veggies.
- Add the diced cheese
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
I know you’ll love this recipe!